Removing chinese clone injector and inspect?

Getting the pumbing right for your Diesel fuel feed..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

iron_monkey
I'm pretty new here..

Removing chinese clone injector and inspect?

Post by iron_monkey »

My fuel injector is leaking at the bottom and I need to see whats going on (its definately not the fuel line connection or the fuel return line). However after some rough googling I read somewhere in some diesel forum that a particular injector for a particular model shouldn't be removed by a layman. I'm abit hesitant to remove parts I have no idea in case I make an irreversible change. I already know I shouldnt touch the injector tips.

What else should I be wary of?
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Re: Removing chinese clone injector and inspect?

Post by alexanderfoti »

Should be no problem to remove it.

Its 2 nuts holding a place on, undo these, remove the fuel line and leak off line and pull the injector out. There may be a copper washer on the end of the injector, if its not there fish it out from the injector hole with a bolt.

I would say its probably easier to replace the injector with another from ebay that try to fix the leaking injector.
gearhead1951
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by gearhead1951 »

rebuilding injectors is not hard but requires special equipment (true flat lapping plate for starts)and a LOT of patience !

I did hundreds of them for the US navy (16-248 GMC V-block diesels)!
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

gearhead1951 wrote:rebuilding injectors is not hard but requires special equipment (true flat lapping plate for starts)and a LOT of patience !

I did hundreds of them for the US navy (16-248 GMC V-block diesels)!
Very true, and I think in the case of clone injectors it would be hard to find the shims etc inside.
iron_monkey
I'm pretty new here..

Post by iron_monkey »

Well what do you know, the Chinese supplier just doesn't reply when I ask for a new injector under warranty. Have tried several times using several sales reps who keep referring me to the sales director, one promised to refer me to him. Also tried directly emailing the sales director.

This outfit was 'Fuzhou Haige', not Punsun btw. At least Punsun has the courtesy of replying.

Cant trust the bastards, you get what you pay for. Need to find and pay for an injector from another chinese supplier, if they're willing...
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

If I were you, I would just buy one and be done with it:

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trks ... &_from=R40
iron_monkey
I'm pretty new here..

Post by iron_monkey »

Unfortunately the v-twin injectors are different to the yanmar l100 injectors. And the prices(incl shipping) are a ransom! Might take punsun's offer of $90usd incl shipping...
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

iron_monkey wrote:Unfortunately the v-twin injectors are different to the yanmar l100 injectors. And the prices(incl shipping) are a ransom! Might take punsun's offer of $90usd incl shipping...
Are they? Im suprised that they arent identical. Are you sure the arent the L1005n version?