Supercharging - Any experience?

Doing stuff with air...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Supercharging - Any experience?

Post by alexanderfoti »

Right all.

Doing the maths to swap a 482 into my bike, its going to run me 500-600 pounds all in I susepct, add that to me not wanting to take a perfectly running bike apart, it kind of makes sense.

So, im going to supercharge my L100 yanclone.

I initially thought about going down the smog pump route, but I think even one from a big V8 wont move enough air, they make about 7psi on a 50cc engine. So not enough for ours.

I have sourced an AMR300 and associated plumbing and V pulley to go onto it, and Im going to run it at 1:1 ratio with the crank. I am aiming for 7psi or so.

Other than belt routing and mounting concerns, is there anything that I need to keep in mind whilst supercharging an engine?
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Supercharging - Any experience?

Post by coachgeo »

alexanderfoti wrote:...Other than belt routing and mounting concerns, is there anything that I need to keep in mind whilst supercharging an engine?
Oil too and from the blower bearings?
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Re: Supercharging - Any experience?

Post by alexanderfoti »

coachgeo wrote:
alexanderfoti wrote:...Other than belt routing and mounting concerns, is there anything that I need to keep in mind whilst supercharging an engine?
Oil too and from the blower bearings?
All the charger I have been looking To are sealed units with their own sumps I think.