kubota diesel 722-E wont start even hard starting

Talk about anything unrelated to Diesel Motorcycles - hard as that may be..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

GBABY
I'm pretty new here..

kubota diesel 722-E wont start even hard starting

Post by GBABY »

ok here we go,, i have 3 CYL kubota diesel 722-E, its hard starting new battery and new starter, well i can get it to start with ether spray or plane gas and it will stay running with out a load, but the minute i engage my blades it kills the motor like as if it has no fuel for power, its like its not getting a-nuff fuel like most diesel's more fuel more power, here is what happend the injection pump started leaking fuel into the oil so i rebuilt the H.P.P and i can watch the pump inject out of each one and hiten the roof of my building.. so when i get it started it also has no throttle control well the response for it is really slow... the main reason i pulled the H.P.P apart was #3 injecter o rings were bad and leaking so i desided to rebuild the hole pump..
i am not a diesel tech but i have been working Gas motors for over 20 years.. NOT DIESEL THOW TIME TO LEARN...

Thank you in advanced ....

what i have done:

rebuild the H.P.P.
new governor spring.
new idle start spring they call it.
new battery.
new starter.
new fuel filter and i bleed the fuel system.
this model dose not have glow plugs.
all new fuel line and return line..
new fuel shut off solenoid.
new fuel pump burnt up 2 of them all ready no clue y.
new fuel pump relay.
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: kubota diesel 722-E wont start even hard starting

Post by coachgeo »

In case you don't a manual here is one that has some of that engine in it

http://www.walkermowers.com/manuals/mow ... -8_pub.pdf

http://www.seabox.com/files/Manuals/SB5 ... Manual.pdf
GBABY
I'm pretty new here..

Post by GBABY »

i have the full work shop manual, for it,, thank you these manuals dont help right now..
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

H.P.P? is that your Injection Pump (IP) ? Googled it and few pages in found a referece to a High Pressure Pump (HPP) so guessing these are the same animal.

Did you retime the IP? Many IP's have to be timed. Some use a drip time method and others something different.

Is there a possible obstruction in your blades or pulleys to the blades etc. that is causing unusually high load on the engine?

Sure there are not Glow Plugs? My D722 does though it is little older and not the E model. Here is an E model that does from a Grasshopper mower

http://www.bettermowers.com/pages/oempa ... 2f27270035
GBABY
I'm pretty new here..

Post by GBABY »

sorry for the late replay, the issue is, i should not have to retime the pump not inless the cam is out witch befor i rebuilt the (HPP= high pressure pump) and or the ip=stands for injection pump i never mest wit the timing, and the blades used to work befor i did the pump , it also had low pressure because of the leak..
ya thats what i have been wondering about the Glow Plugs normaly there right beside the fuel injector the modal dont have any at all.. i think this modal starts under compression only.. all three glow plugs holes have bolts in them.. no option what so ever for glow plugs, there is no wireing to be found for a glow plug.,.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

GBABY wrote:... i think this modal starts under compression only.. all three glow plugs holes have bolts in them.. no option what so ever for glow plugs, there is no wireing to be found for a glow plug.,.
hmmm..... What did the engine come out of do you know?

Glow plug sounds like it could be re-installed though. If they are just plugged holes then unscrew them...... add three glow plugs and proper wiring (heavy duty along with a solinoid and a push button switch. Maybe no more than 30sec. glow when you use it.) Could only help? Might not solve the present issue but could help with future issues in the configuration you intend to use it..... compared to the one it was used for. Would take a hell of a starter to spin it fast enough to not use glow plugs.
GBABY
I'm pretty new here..

Post by GBABY »

its a 96 walker mower ZTR , that motor is a 2000 dolla upgrade from the factory.

i wonder how much for 3 glow plugs and a 30amp toggle switch.. i know they use some power lol..

i may end up haveing to pull the motor and put it on a work bench..
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

maybe an injector with bad or no spray?
GBABY
I'm pretty new here..

Post by GBABY »

i have never chk the injectors but to be on the safe side, i will chk whats coming out of the injector..
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

GBABY wrote:i have never chk the injectors but to be on the safe side, i will chk whats coming out of the injector..
Remember those things are dangerous. Do it right or you could drill with literal poisoin a bunch of holes right thru your hand, face, chest.....
albertaphil

Post by albertaphil »

I second what coach said. Don't mess around with injector spray or you could be saying goodbye to various body parts. Seriously. Gangrene.
GBABY
I'm pretty new here..

Post by GBABY »

wow really,, i deal with a 4000 psi pressure washer. lol how much more psi do the injectors have lol..
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

GBABY wrote:wow really,, i deal with a 4000 psi pressure washer. lol how much more psi do the injectors have lol..
It is not just pressure. It is the combination of that pressure sent out of holes that are significantly smaller than holes used in a pressure washer. That and the liquid injected is poisionous.

Beside that ...... here on boards folk who respond know they are not just talking to the orginal poster. The info is going to far more eyes that just you.
albertaphil

Post by albertaphil »

And the stream from a pressure washer is big enough to see so you are unlikely to put a hand in front of it. The stream from ab injector (or pinholw in a hydraulic hose) is so small that you can have fuel/oil injected into your flesh almost without knowing it. I betty some of the old hands on this forum have stories...
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

coachgeo wrote:In case you don't a manual here is one that has some of that engine in it

http://www.walkermowers.com/manuals/mow ... -8_pub.pdf

http://www.seabox.com/files/Manuals/SB5 ... Manual.pdf
found another manual

http://waterax.com/downloads/OWNERS_MAN ... manual.pdf