Curing my fuel leak.

Getting the pumbing right for your Diesel fuel feed..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Curing my fuel leak.

Post by Stuart »

Spent the afternoon trying to fix a persistant fuel leak. Pressure down the return feed to the tank was causing a drip at the tap. Took me a while to figure it was coming from the underside of the tap!
Anyway, I chopped the return feed and fitted another fuel tap to isolate the tank completely. Annoyingly the new tap weeps a bit when I took the bike out. Does this diesel stuff get through everything out there :?: It's bound to get worse when I fill up.
In an ideal world I think it should have been routed to a T piece the other side of the original fuel tap. I'd have done this but it would mean I'd have to find a reducer for another part of the system and I didn't have one to hand. A job for another Sunday afternoon I think :D
TimppaX
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by TimppaX »

all dieselcars I´ve had have leaked little. Mostly just and just noticeably places and just enough to achieve smell. Does Yours drip?
that should do it
Nanko

Post by Nanko »

Why fuel taps?? as long as the fuel tank pressure is lower than de opening pressure of your injector(s) , no chance the combustion chamber will get flooded :-)
If it is to be able to remove the tank without emptying , quick release couplings are a good alternative
peugeot TUD5 - MOTO GUZZI 16.500 km so far
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Yep it drips a bit when running. Never mind, one of those things. Good thing the mpg figures are so good - may lose a fair bit over time i reckon :?

Yes Nanko, I think that if I ever re-plum the pipework on this bike a rethink would be in order as regards couplings. I suspect I will probably part company with this particular bike before that happens though :D I have my eye on trying to accquire a 950 Ruggerini RE. But it could go either way at the moment :? I'll find out come March I think :lol:
TimppaX

Post by TimppaX »

Take dripping as fuelgauge. As long it drips You have some left. :roll:
that should do it