Belstaff Jacket tip

Talk about anything unrelated to Diesel Motorcycles - hard as that may be..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Belstaff Jacket tip

Post by Stuart »

If you own a Belstaff Jacket then you'll likely to suffer with the same problem that I did regarding the belt. These always twist and when you come to buckle up they are not easy to sort when you're wearing the coat.
I acquired some stiff copper wire (just over 2mm dia if I recall) and, using a braddle, managed to inset two lengths into the belt loop/holders. I had to shape the wire into something circular before I succeeded in getting them all in.
Once in I was able to straighten them, crease them and then press them flat.
Now the belt is unable to twist through 180 degrees and cause me a problem. It does still bunch a bit but nothing I can't pull straight without having to remove the jacket.
My jacket is not of the wax cotton type but of the newer artificial fabric type.
Belt loop 1
Belt loop 1
Belp loop 2
Belp loop 2
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
Eddy Wane
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Belstaff Jacket tip

Post by Eddy Wane »

Mentioning the waxed Belstaff brought back a memory of when I was 16/17 riding in all weathers. I came home one night freezing cold and I stood my jacket up in front of the fire and watched it slowly sink to the floor as the frozen wax melted. A few of my mates had the same jackets and we used to zip them to each other to form a circle. (Ah the mind of a child).
The worst thing about the waxed jacket is that it made shirt cuffs black.
As for the belt I just tied it back on itself and use it as an adjuster just like I do now with my modern Goretex kit.
Just had a thought - Who remembers the RAYOVAC rotating visor? Now then where did I put my glasses, I had them a second ago.
Building the bike. Top of my list, bottom of the wife's.
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Belstaff Jacket tip

Post by Stuart »

The zip broke on my Belstaff & it wasn't totally waterproof so I'm getting a new zip fitted, washing it & selling it on. It cost £350 & is a tough jacket so hoping to get £100 back on it? We'll see.
Hard work removing the patches! All places I've visited on various diesel bikes too, of course :) But some were transfered from a previous jacket.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388312739.340271.jpg
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.