Hollbrook Lathe no longer available

Talk about anything unrelated to Diesel Motorcycles - hard as that may be..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

oldbmw
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Hollbrook Lathe no longer available

Post by oldbmw »

My very old and trusty lathe is now surplus to requirements. Very soon I hope to be turning wood again instead of metal.
It is big, you can skim car cylinder heads mounted on its faceplate. it comes with two chuck, both 12" one three jaw self centering, one four jaw independent. the jaws can be reversed. It is a gap bed, with the gap bit of bed still available. It can from its gearbox turn screw threads from 112 to 4 threads per inch. either clockwise or anti clockwise. Is all in inch pitches, not metric. Is in the barn, dusty and needs a really good clean. the motor is a single phase Brook 2 hp. with starter.

would consider any reasonable offer especially part exchange for a heavy duty wood turning lathe for larger than average bowls. Be aware it weighs in at close to a ton.. would also consider a wood cutting saw table with at least 4 inch depth of cut or heavy duty wood cutting bandsaw.

PS the ton weight refers to lathe only, with tailstock, chucks, tooling and motor additional.

Edit.. since cleaning it up a list of projects for it have materialised so now that my interest has been re-kindled is no longer available.. It is a model GF I have discovered It might just be we will live to see its 100th birthday (hopefully together).
Larry