the big knock 2013

Talk about riding, events, meets, rally's, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

diesel dick turpin
I'm pretty new here..

the big knock 2013

Post by diesel dick turpin »

hi to all the guys who attended the big knock thanks to stuart & jeff and anyone else who organised it was great great weather great venue all great apart from on returning to yorkshire my bike decided to run on its own engine oil and blow up but i will return next year hopefully not at midnight on thursday night! thanks paul barnsley
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: the big knock 2013

Post by Stuart »

That's a shame about the bike Paul. Glad you enjoyed the rally though.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by coachgeo »

uggggggggg........... run away engine.......... !@#$%& Air cleaner in the way to stuff a rag in the intake eh? Thinking of build an air intake close off valve into my engine as extra security just for that purpose; like say between Intake and Air Cleaner. Will use a Motorhome/Camp Trailer waste tank flush valve probably.
diesel dick turpin
I'm pretty new here..

Post by diesel dick turpin »

hi guys ,i stripped the engine to check for overreving damage but all was good so reassembled now back on the road up and running can,t wait to come to the 2014 big knock thanks paul.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

That's good news mate :-)
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Big news..... mucho congradulato. A testimony to how well that engine is built.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Here's my write up on the rally. I will add bit more detail to it soon like the odd picture maybe. Around 34 diesel bikes attended by my reckoning :-)
http://www.dieselbike.net/BritishRally1 ... ally13.htm
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

When's the next one? I missed this one by weeks! Didn't want to rush the build though. Very much looking forward to the next one
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

We'll be aiming for the 1st weekend in June again. I'm going to invite the competition along (electric) to see if they can match our overall performance. It's our tenth event next year & I've been taking soundings at this years rallies as to whether to expand the whole thing into a true alternative motorcycle rally. I think we 'll beat them 'hands down' but nothing like competition to encourage things along.
You might see the forum expand too, to accommodate diesel/electric hybrids etc :)
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

Stuart wrote:We'll be aiming for the 1st weekend in June again. I'm going to invite the competition along (electric) to see if they can match our overall performance. It's our tenth event next year & I've been taking soundings at this years rallies as to whether to expand the whole thing into a true alternative motorcycle rally. I think we 'll beat them 'hands down' but nothing like competition to encourage things along.
You might see the forum expand too, to accommodate diesel/electric hybrids etc :)
Excellent.!

Don't give me any more ideas for diesel electric hybrid bikes!
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

:)
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

alexanderfoti wrote:...
Don't give me any more ideas for diesel electric hybrid bikes!
I wanna see another locomotive style diesel bike. Diesel connected to DC generator charging capacitors that energize electric motor(s) connected to the wheel(s). There has only been one that way that I've seen. Nice layout.