Frame building jig

On-going, finished, abandoned builds & questions galore..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

tappy
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Frame building jig

Post by tappy »

I may be about to build a frame-jig similar to the one shown at http://vps2.websearchdesign.com/forum/s ... hp?t=17595.
There's currently one on ebay going for about £150 plus postage, on top of which I'd need a length of box section at about £50. Total cost pushing £250.

For mine, I want a bit more functionality - such as to hold the flat-bottomed diesel engine - so I've created my own design, see attached pic.
Owing to minimum order quantity on the LASER cutting, it's likely to cost the same for 1 set of plates as it is for 3 sets - somewhere around £150 for 3 sets.

The bolt sets will be around £20, and as I say, the 3"x2" box section is about £50 per 25' length.
The combined plate & bolt sets will be about 28kg, so postage will be another £20 or so?

SOOO, if I get 3 sets of plates & bolts, does anyone want a set for about £100 delivered? Plus provide your own box-section (the stockists will generally charge you for a full length but cut it to the right lengths for you).
That's then about £150 for a full jig, including the box section.
If the answer is "no" then I'll probably go ahead anyway 'cos it won't cost me much more anyway.
Perhaps we could just loan them out to the forum :)
Attachments
Frame_jig.jpg
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Frame building jig

Post by coachgeo »

Nice design. Look forward to seeing it progress
focodiesel
Been here a while now..

Re: Frame building jig

Post by focodiesel »

The Jig I just built...Image