which engine is better for r.e.??

Engine's, injection, valve's, timing, crank's etc..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

kavliaris
I don't post much...

which engine is better for r.e.??

Post by kavliaris »

coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: which engine is better for r.e.??

Post by coachgeo »

IMHO go for a real Lombardini. Higher quality engine then the clones. Now is it the right HP, RPM etc. for the job..... that I do not know.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

If you buy a clone it will not be nearly as reliable. A lot depends on how much use it will get and on what kind of roads. Technically I'm not sure but if the Lombardini is the engine with 2 stage injection (like the Flitzbitz) that would be good.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
XLerate

Post by XLerate »

The Lombardini's well established reputation speaks for itself.

So does the well known Chinese engine reputation. This is even a question? The only benefit of the Chinese engines is cheap, and an easy payment plan: buy now at a low price, pay later on the side of the road or in the shop.

Yes, I know lots of guys have clone engines and got good use, sorry guys. It all depends on if you can afford to gamble.
pietenpol2002

Post by pietenpol2002 »

With regard to the Chinese engine, it is a KAMA which has a bit better reputation that many of the others. But, indeed it certainly won't match the reputation of the Lombardini. Noteworthy is the fact that it's 523 cc's. We've not yet seen the little Yanmar clone pushed out to those dimensions. Additionally, efforts to expand it have not always been successful in the past. And of course, rated horsepower is typically far too optimistic.
Ron