Henning from Norway says hello

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

SnakeEye
I don't post much...

Henning from Norway says hello

Post by SnakeEye »

Dear Fellow Diesel Bike Enthusiasts,

I am a Norwegian born and bred mechanic with a strong passion for motorcycles. I started my career as a mechanic on board a cruising yacht, before moving to motorcycles, then high speed pleasure craft and Formula 2 racing boats. I recently quit my job as chief engineer on a small ship, where I cared for an antique 100-litre two stroke, and have since lived on the road with my Sachs 650. The road has taken me from North Africa, through Sicily and up to Belgium, where I reside at the moment.

Every time I fill up the tank, I am reminded of my old obsession with diesel powered bikes. I caught the bug about ten years ago, and the idea has left me only temporarily since then. Quite aside from the increased range (how far I go depends entirely on how much fuel I can buy), wouldn't it be fun to see the look on the gas station attendant's face? I think so.

Having lurked on this forum for a while now, I figure the time is ripe for me to join in for real. I have a few questions which will be asked in good time, and hope to be able to contribute to the growing knowlege base here.
Rhynri
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Henning from Norway says hello

Post by Rhynri »

Welcome, good sir! You must have a few interesting stories, as I've found caring for old equipment is always an 'experience' to be certain. Glad the bug kept at you, and we will gladly welcome any insight you can give us!
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by coachgeo »

Welcome aboard snake eyed nomad. And ya I second the ... look forward to insight you can provide"
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Welcome & enjoy! :-)
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.