Coachgeo

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

been outsider looking in on this and other diesel bike boards for awhile.

Got way to many projects and way to little money (AKA no money)

Took plunge on diesel bike project. Been keeping eyes and ears open. Learned of Hieko's succes at Triumph Tiger conversions. Kept eyes open. Found a donor bike with bad engine.

Otherwise.... Im a biz owner (AKA- why Im broke) have Unimog under reconstruction, live off the grid in a cabin (unfinished). I've researched and collected parts for WVO use. Shop space and location to build filterstation is not finished yet.

Im living a vehicle disaster right now though so money and time is pouring into that.

VW Golf 2003- unknown electrical issue has activated Immobilizer computer and other problems (no fuel petal) so car is unusable (6 months into that)

1985 300SD back up car. Uknown fuel/air issue??? Will not start when temps below 40 degrees. (new GP's, no change)

Thus I live mostly on the floor of my office on a mat. Cabin is 30 min. away and cant trust my MB to get me back the next day.
Last edited by coachgeo on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darren

Post by Darren »

George,

Send me an email with more details about your problems , or post a link to somewhere you've discussed it.

I know far too much about both the VW Tdi and Merc engines - I might be able to help you out.

Best

Darren
Enfield Bullet with Hatz IB30
See my sites for veg oil fuel info
www.vegburner.co.uk
www.wiki.obed.org.uk - Open Biofuel Engine Development wiki
andrewaust
Site Admin

Post by andrewaust »

Hi coachgeo

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have your hands full with vehicle woes, hopefully Darren or one of our other well resourced members can help you out.

Damn motor vehicles can drive you crazy at times.

A;)
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

TDI Golf 03

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=220377

MB.... symptoms are confusing but I may be closer to the solution. report back on that after it gets cold again.... below 40f it wont start till lately when it begun doing that even in the 60's. But seem to have it licked now when it's warm. Will see about cold.

Yeah.... replaced GP's, tested relay, feels like fuel (air issue) ezasterbated by cold on a battery notttttt really up to par to handle glowing, starting, and cranking while the OEM air bleed system bleeds the air out. Have I believe elimnated the air issue... will see when it gets cold again. figure it will get cold again; funny how that works in winter 8)
Darren

Post by Darren »

Sounds like you are on the right track with fixing the Golf. Shame that, due to the circumstances, progress is slow. Good that all those people have been prepared to help out.

I expect Lindsy knows, but in in case not, the oil warning light has nothing to do with the ECU module.

The pedal sensor is wired directly to the ECU with no connections to anything else.

Do you have the correct wiring diagram for your car?

Hope you can get it sorted soon.

Best

Daren
Enfield Bullet with Hatz IB30
See my sites for veg oil fuel info
www.vegburner.co.uk
www.wiki.obed.org.uk - Open Biofuel Engine Development wiki
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

where things are at.

6 speed Ultra arrived.

3" BDL belt drive and clutch was mailed my way today

some things in the works in trying to get it stored up there for pick up in late june. Nothing solid yet though
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

This is not really the forum for this... but here is an update sorta.

For shiats and grins I've approached both local and national businesses for sponsorship on this bike. Local... just asking for someone to order and sell me a kohler/lombardini engine at dealer cost. National companies; asking to donate an engine.

In retrun they get exposure in my business, on my website... and on the bike.

Will let you know if anyone even responds.
coachgeo

Re: Coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

couple steps forward... HUMONGO step backward.

Got ripped off. Seller of bike has vanished with my money and the bike. Left me with bill of sale and title but nothing else.
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

That sucks :evil:
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

after some trials and tribulations... some AWSOME help from Motorcycle Adventure enthusiast that live in CA.... I have my money back on this bike. That chapter over.

Next chapter starts.

Another Tiger showed up.... I bought it for only $110 more than the previous attempt. Seems all the part bikes for Tigers are in CA. Anyway it will soon be in the Hands of diesel Bike builder that is close to where this new bike is that has become a friend. This one appears to be in a little better condition than the other even though it is a year older.

It looks like I will take a bus to Southern CA sometime in June or Aug and together we will build the bike. Then I'll ride it back.

Its a 96.
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

That sounds like an awesome way to spend your summer :)
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Funny...... the Saga continues.... now the seller of the orginal bike.... has called me and offered to drop the price dramatically instead of canceling the whole thing. He would rather not go thru the process of selling it again.

Apparently he was in the hospital is why he seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth. Maybeeee.... maybe not.. hard to say. He certainly sounds like a nice fellow on the phone.

Anyway...... it was a too good to turn down offer so now I have two Tigers. I might need some parts between the two to make one good one.

Rest might be a good parts bike for a Tiger enthusiast or another Tiger for someone else to add a diesel too. I'll sell all the engine parts etc. to help recoupe some money.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Link to pictures of the Shiny Rat Cat and the Ugly Rat Cat

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5930
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

One step closer to the right direction. Actually a BIG step.

Looks like I got two engines (one complete, one rebuildable, Briggs Turbo D's) and a matching CVT

Above is passed to me as "sponsorhsip" in my project by Dave; Locomotivebreath (member name here).

He'ld rather not ship so I got to figure out when myself, Curtis (Curtis in TX - member here and this project's leader) or both of us can get to Northern CA to pick it all up. I wont have time off again till Oct. though :cry:

When Dave called to tell me he decided to sponsor this project I was floored and speechless. Im so excited!!!
Dougy

Post by Dougy »

Nice one Coach, it sounds like its all coming together :) Locomotive breath is proper cool 8) he got my CVT for me too !
IGNORE THE RATTLE AND ENJOY THE RIDE
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Couldn't scramble to CA fast enough to pic up the items offered to take advantage of the offer in sponsorship :( Thank's still though go to Dave. His heart was in the right place.

So I've ended up backed up few steps again. Thats how it goes in life. One step forward..... two steps backward. Least this time Im only back to where I was before the sponsor offer.