A cure for vibration white finger

For all topics relating to Diesel motorcycles.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: A cure for vibration white finger

Post by Stuart »

I made two new inserts in the end and the Bar ends are on the bike now. They work better than my homemade jobs probably because of the heavier weight 8) I'd reccomend them :D
Sibbo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by Sibbo »

I linked this thread over to my BMW forum and there have been a few inputs that might be of interest here...
http://www.boxerworks.com/forum2/viewto ... 097#p49097
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

I spotted these on a Rocket 3 the other day. Slightly different shape so maybe different weight? Whatever, Triumph seem to like these :wink:
Attachments
image.jpg
image2.jpg
Jocalopse
I'm pretty new here..

Post by Jocalopse »

A bit late to the game, but I;ve filled andle bars with lead shot to dampen the vibration, works better the more shot you put in. It increase the mass thereby lowering the frequency to a level that wont give you white fingers.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

I looked at the bar ends of another Triumph Sprint at the dealership Sunday and they were far, far more movable than the secondhand ends I got from fleabay. I'm guessing the old rubber in mine has hardened off considerably and perhaps could be doing its job a little better :?: :?: I will look into getting some new ends sometime soon along with handlebar stem rubbers - but they need an exact chassis number for those I'm told.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

I nearly forgot about this thread.

I recently purchased the vibranator listed earlier. My superdream has alu bars and it has helped to some degree. On longer rides its noticeable, but the vibration feels the same when you are riding around.

It basically delays my numb hand :)
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

After the recent trip to Hamm & back, I noticed that my new wheels had improved things noticeably on this front.
I had a slight buzz on the bars when I stuck at a constant speed of around 65mph on the Autobahn (slow but I couldn't leave the Honda behind!).
On the more scenic route back, mainly on N roads it was hardly noticable because of the constantly changing revs & the fact that I didn't get much chance to use the overdrive 6th gear on the Ultima box.
I may still look out for Rocket 3 bar ends though as their heavier construction maybe just the thing for low frequency vibes.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
Rhynri
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by Rhynri »

My Can-Am Spyder came with some billeted bar ends that seemed to accomplish the same idea, at least they were advertised to (not that I paid extra for them). It seems there are a lot of ways to counter this problem, probably something that needs to be looked at on a bike to bike basis.