End of Track for now...

For all topics relating to Diesel motorcycles.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Sphere
I luv the smell of Diesel...

End of Track for now...

Post by Sphere »

Dear reader, potential customer or information applicant at Track Dieselmotorcycles.
With this writing we have to let you know that our product has proven itself in time. We have proven this with a huge combined mileage on all bikes sold and happy customers. But however the positive result , due to the bad European economy, bankruptcy of some of our parts producers, loss of investors, and despite large requests but not enough customers to do the job, we are forced to shut down. We will stop our PR efforts, have already stopped our production, and will end the company as a legal entity.
A nice and technically solid Dutch product will leave the market for now. And we hope better times for our products will arrive in time.
Dear Customers, we thank you for your trust in our company and product. You have made Track what it is today. You have put this motorcycle on the international map. This with a Texas mile world record, military purchase and customers in America, Canada, Iceland, Germany, England, Holland, etc etc.

Erik Vegt owner of Track Dieselpowered Motorcycles NL
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Re: End of Track for now...

Post by alexanderfoti »

Thats really really bad news! Its such a shame to see the only mass produced diesel bike producer go under. From what I saw at the diesel bike really, they really were some amazing bikes.
silver fox
Been here a while now..

Post by silver fox »

That is very sad news for diesel motorcycles and for all involved in the project :(
pietenpol2002

Post by pietenpol2002 »

Sad indeed!
Ron
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Saddd.... my gut just sunk. Heart dropped into its place. I know alllll so well the devistation on heart and soul this does to the Track family Erik, his employees, personal friends and family.

Erik, Consider offering a KIT! Your engine CVT, shaft drive combo or similar?
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

agreed with Coach.

I would defo look at buying a kit of the components!
dustom_99
Been here a while now..

Post by dustom_99 »

That is a heart breaking news. It was a bike right on to on my wish list. Sad indeed. Wish some one comes up with offroad / dual purpose diesel bike soon.
How come other bike makers are still in business and a diesel bike maker had to be shut down?
boutje

Post by boutje »

Really sad.
But i think the biggest problem was the price of the bike.
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

My thoughts as well, I think if it were priced closer to £7000 than 10 it would have had more buyers, as the biggest contender at £10,000 is the bmw RT and GS both of which come stacked with options and a rife aftermarket sector.
Erik EVA
Been here a while now..

Post by Erik EVA »

Coachgeo,
i need some help from you for an extra reply on advrider...;-) You allready replied to a Dutch guy i never met living around the corner who writes that we are bankrupt. The fact is that we are not !
And because i have no account that works with advrider or i am banned because being a manufacturer ...., are you able to supply the correct info please.

This is our statement and yes i know its hard to read for a chinese......;-) :

ENGLISH
Dear reader, potential customer or information applicant at Track Dieselmotorcycles.
With this writing we have to let you know that our product has proven itself in time. We have proven this with a huge combined mileage on all bikes sold and happy customers. But however the positive result , due to the bad European economy, bankruptcy of some of our parts producers, loss of investors, and despite large requests but not enough customers to do the job, we are forced to shut down. We will stop our PR efforts, have already stopped our production, and will end the company as a legal entity.
A nice and technically solid Dutch product will leave the market for now. And we hope better times for our products will arrive in time.
Dear Customers, we thank you for your trust in our company and product. You have made Track what it is today. You have put this motorcycle on the international map. This with a Texas mile world record, military purchase and customers in America, Canada, Iceland, Germany, England, Holland, etc etc.

Erik Vegt owner of Track Dieselpowered Motorcycles NL

This means that for an unknown periode we cannot move forward anymore. The cost are to high, to little customers, bankrupt suppliers , etc etc.

And some extra info;
1. No we will not supply diesel kits.
2. Yes its a bad time for small manufacturers but also for large volume manufacturers. Why do you think there are no small manufacturers really alive...
3. No we are not dead..
4. Yes in Holland we have an extra luxury tax on bike. + 19% on top of + 19% VAT
5. Yes we succeeded sofar on the goals set..
6. No product without money or customers.
7. Yes we have conquered the Texas Mile, the moroccan desert, the alpes, Iceland, rivercrossings, etc. with a bike build by one man !!!
8. No i will not give up.
9. Yes I designed a diesel scooter and 6 cylinder cruiser for the neasrby future.
10.Yes you will hear form us/me again soon

Thanks..
Erik
Dan J

Post by Dan J »

Erik,

I hope you are proud of everything that has come out of this venture. Few people have achieved what you have in the motorcycle industry and certainly not in recent times. The end outcome is a shame but given even the major established manufacturers are struggling with low sales and profits in the Western world it was always going to be a challenge. I will certainly look forward to hearing about whatever project you undertake next - especially where it is bike related!

Dan
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Erik EVA wrote:Coachgeo,
i need some help from you for an extra reply on advrider...;-) ...Thanks..
Erik
Will do. The mention of bankrupt is why I responded the first time cause from our conversation I knew that was not the full truth.
Erik EVA
Been here a while now..

Post by Erik EVA »

guys, i have got some news for you.
please look at :
http://www.dieselmotorfiets.nl/nieuws/

regards from Holland
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to spend 17k on a motorcycle without any warranty whatsoever!
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
Erik EVA
Been here a while now..

Post by Erik EVA »

Hallo "Sphere",

Without a single question on our address you jump into bold conclusions and ventilate them.... why is that ?

Erik
BertTrack

Post by BertTrack »

I have a question Erik.

Will they be put together by the same person as the previous Track's?
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

Erik EVA wrote:Hallo "Sphere",

Without a single question on our address you jump into bold conclusions and ventilate them.... why is that ?

Erik
Your website does all the talking really.

ENGLISH
[...]
we are forced to shut down for now.
[...]
Erik EVA
Been here a while now..

Post by Erik EVA »

Gentlemen,

the story is this one. If we shut down completely, as it seemed to be happening some time ago, there is no possible service and guaranty offer anymore left. That is why all effort possible on all levels will be done to help all current customers with full service and guaranty on the sold bikes.. If there is one slight possibility we can stay alive and continue to support all customers we need enough financial possibilities to do so. As we over here move through time we do see new possibilities. This possibility for us is only export of our current product!!! With sales , which is the only option to get financial possibilities, we might have a good possibility to keep going. Without any sales our product stays in the "fridge".

Our customers must be supported with what ever means possible. that is our main goal !!!!! Even if the company might no longer exist service needs to be at the highest possible level ! Without customers there will be no product. But without product there will be no customers....... :roll: And yes info changes through time.

I do hope with a positive attitude from our side not all is lost as it first seemed to be... We do need all possible help with this effort. that is for sure.
:)

Erik
Rhynri

Post by Rhynri »

Glad you are still keeping on keeping on. I love the idea of a diesel bike, and the more that are produced, the more affordable they will get. I wish you luck in your future endevors, and I will be 'watching this space' so-to-speak. As with anyone on this forum, if you need my help just drop me a line.
BertTrack

Post by BertTrack »

Eric.

I'd like an answer on my question about who's going to build the bikes. Looking on the positive side it would help you out a lot if they were build to a better standard than the old ones.

I'm saying this as someone with a Track riding it and repairing it practically from week one.

And as i believe most of the current items is either caused by not using loctite or bad wiring it's all relatively easy to adres. There's no need to go into the details of it all but if need be i'm willing to give examples of where the basic work could be improved upon. Everything is after all documented.

If there is ever to be anything that could be called service beyond "ongoing development work that we will not share with owners but you are guinea pig for us" it'll have to be based on honesty and clear communications. Something i'm more than willing from my end to initiate.
BertTrack

Post by BertTrack »

A group of track riders have visited Erik's work shop.

We have had a good informative talk. And we were able to see the current quality of the bike. Which has improved quite a bit. Since mine came of the assembly "line" 1.5 years ago.

There was also an open discussion about everything which was refreshing.

All in all, it was a good meeting.