Lombardini's new engine/CVT packages

Dedicated to the CVT...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Lombardini's new engine/CVT packages

Post by Diesel Dave »

New Lombardini power plants with built in CVT

Having a look-see at the Lombardini website earlier today, essentially looking for a power plant that would be more powerful than the 400cc single I have in the Enfield and lighter than the 1000cc triple I have in the Tiger.

And then I stumbled across this:

http://www.lombardinigroup.it/lombardin ... r-pack-cvt

Obviously intended for an Axiam type micro car they range from the lowly 500cc to the 1000cc triple, but just take another look at the PWT 523 middle range units.

They are the only versions using the alloy block but look at the power outputs, one at 15kw at 5000 rpm and another labelled MPI rated at 21kw at 6000 rpm - colour me impressed. :shock:

The built in differential could be welded up and a sprocket attached either side for rear wheel powering.

Also the CVT is a scooter type whereby the belt runs continuously and a separate centrifugal clutch for take off.

I feel a new project beckoning......
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Lombardini's new engine/CVT packages

Post by coachgeo »

hmm... interesting. Being that Lombardini is now owned by Kohler... that mmmmight mean we can get this in the USA too?
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Good find Dave :!: :D We need more info on those mid-range engines.

Not a big fan of the CVT but hey, if it makes the whole process simpler and cheaper (no gearbox) then why not? If they are designed to haul mini cars and ATVs about then they shouldn't be too stressed hauling a bike about eh? Maybe the belt would last a lot longer?
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Andy Collins at Lombardini has just told me the PWT 523 engines are gasoline :( I wasn't clear in their literature :? :|
Back to the drawing board.