Charlie Boorman at Fins Motorcycles

Websites, Print Articles, Books, Video, etc

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Charlie Boorman at Fins Motorcycles

Post by Stuart »

Please excuse me for posting these again but for those that don't do Facebook or Twitter, I'm putting here in better quality.
We were lucky Charlie and Russ Malkin took an interest in the diesel bike at the launch of the new showroom at (Fins of Redhill) as they were quickly photographed with just about every other bike there. Thank's to Matt at Fins for passing on the shots (and telling me to get behind the bike too! :D )

http://gallery.me.com/mattpictures#gallery
Attachments
Charlie and Russ comment on the Diesel Tiger
Charlie and Russ comment on the Diesel Tiger
One for the mantlepiece!
One for the mantlepiece!
Charlie.jpg
Big_Willy_USA
Been here a while now..

Re: Charlie Boorman at Fins Motorcycles

Post by Big_Willy_USA »

That's really cool Stuart, always wanted to meet both those guys. Did you get a chance to chat with either of them?
2006 Honda GL1800, 1989 Honda GL1500, 2 1981 Suzuki GS850's, 2004 Suzuki DL1000, 1972 Yamaha CS5, 1974 Honda ST-90, 1985 BMW K75S.
"Specialization is for insects" - Robert Heinlein
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by coachgeo »

Charlie and Russ Malkin? ok..... glad to here these blokes took interest. Now.. ahhhhh.. why care that they did over anyone else who did? Are they some sort of celebrity or something on your side of the pond? Never heard of them over here though I'm not exactly in the celebrity loop
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Post by Diesel Dave »

Wow, that's a lot of Photoshop work :shock:
rednorfolk

Post by rednorfolk »

:D
Royal Enfield 406cc diesel.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

coachgeo wrote:Charlie and Russ Malkin? ok..... glad to here these blokes took interest. Now.. ahhhhh.. why care that they did over anyone else who did? Are they some sort of celebrity or something on your side of the pond? Never heard of them over here though I'm not exactly in the celebrity loop
Yes Coach, they are celebs over here along with actor Ewan McGregor. They rode some BMW GS motorcycles around the world and could be creditied with popularising the long distance, living the dream, biking adventure. As Charlie said on the day though, he fell into the whole thing by accident almost and is just going along for the ride. They did take an interest to the point where Russ even came over the road to find me and the bike.
No photoshopping done, Dave but I did the next best thing and got in with the Shop hired photographer beforehand. It was he who placed Charlie by the bike :D But, to give them credit they were interested, Russ a little less so after I fired her up and gave him a blast of diesel fumes :D

Last film I saw Charlie in was The Bunker.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

ahhh... they were the mates that rode with McGreggor.. coolio.