mz robin insurance

Insurance & Registration issues etc..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

gilburton
I luv the smell of Diesel...

mz robin insurance

Post by gilburton »

As the bike is close to finished I started to look at insurance.
Initially,as most people will have found out,I was met by all sorts of promises on the websites until I described the bike and it was starting to look a bit bleak. Let me say at this stage I was just fishing around on the internet and haven't yet tried Footman James.I didn't want to get too involved until I was ready.
However, I finally got a couple of quotes from the Motor Cycle News insurance query form MCN compare.
The first was Insure Wiser/KGM for £145 and the other was Bikesure for £180.
Of the two,apart from being cheaper, KGM had a lot more freebies i.e. helmet/leather cover,very low excess and free RAC recovery. Bikesure wants £250 excess and other stuff for a charge.
Anyone on KGM??
There is another independent broker who is confident he can quote me and,after sending him pics,I am waiting for his underwriters to get back.
I believe Equity Red Star is in trouble and this may be why some policies may change??
I also own a trike (not diesel)and I see KGM offers a multi VEHICLE policy so I may ask as the trike was £190 last time.
I'm a bit lucky as the MZ keeps coming up as an MZ Robin DR400 on the automated forms and I believe this applies to the limited production MZ Robins that were produced a few years ago so there is a precedent.
Once I get a bit nearer an MOT, in a few weeks, I'll call Footman James to see what he can offer but I'm just glad I'm being offered ins. in the first place, so, I'm a bit happier. :D
gilburton

Re: mz robin insurance

Post by gilburton »

Just had the quote from the independent broker £143. I might go with him as ever since I got the quote from Insurer Wise I've had dozens of calls trying to sell me other insurance. I'll firm up the quote conditions tomorrow .
I'll also call Footman James just to see. You never know?? :roll:
gilburton

Re: mz robin insurance

Post by gilburton »

I'm now insured through Footman James for £130.
I haven't had a bike insured for a few years and that was £90 for a 650 Dragstar.
Anyway it's now insured so the next step is to book an MOT test in the next couple of weeks so fingers crossed :D