CVTech data

Dedicated to the CVT...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

DieselFly
I luv the smell of Diesel...

CVTech data

Post by DieselFly »

I have put almost 200 miles on my set up to date. The only real problem was the breaking of the jackshaft it is now 1" up from 3/4". The CVTech clutch set has been flawless. I had put the heaviest weight and lightest spring in the primary clutch to get the engine off peek torque to control the forc on the jackshaft. Current set up gives the following
1400-1500rpm clutch engages
2340rpm @ 20mph
2620rpm @ 40mph
2830rpm @ 50mph
2910rpm @ 60mph and up
I will start to change the springs weights and see what we get for performance gains. I will see less shift of the CVT with higher rpm. This is caused by the fact that this CVT was designed for small tires like on an ATV. If I could spec out a larger secondary clutch this would change (hey the price was right). This would also reduce the chain speed on the highway. I have been able to put 200 miles on the bike in the last week and rode to work this morning. I check the end play on the crank shaft it is within a few thou of one of the other engines we have that has yet to be put in service. My first tank of fuel came in at 108mpg good enough for me.

Sean
Finished and riding 1975
CB500t Turbo Punsun powered
hardtail.
Kristof
Been here a while now..

Re: CVTech data

Post by Kristof »

Would this cvt that you are using work with this engine?

What are youre thoughts about that engine anyway? Good deal or a chinese piece of crap?
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: CVTech data

Post by coachgeo »

Kristof- search and/or scan thru the various forums in here. You will find these questions answered many times over.