What would you have done ?

Talk about anything unrelated to Diesel Motorcycles - hard as that may be..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Dougy
I luv the smell of Diesel...

What would you have done ?

Post by Dougy »

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... ICaIWOQSpQ

Personally I think Mr BigJag is a...................git.
IGNORE THE RATTLE AND ENJOY THE RIDE
old clunker

Re: What would you have done ?

Post by old clunker »

Yes the 'cager' is a right T..T! I don't think I would have bothered to argue, since he was only worried about his paint finish! I would have just taken his regsitration and ridden off. Only reporting him to the cops, if he got in contact threatening me. Putting him up on YouTube should be enough punishment!

Reminded me of an incident that happened many years ago, when riding back home from work around the airport perimeter. Done the right turning at a traffic light controlled lane many, many, times over several years, only to find one day, that a small woman sitting on a cushion in a 'blobby' Nissan Micra behind me, only just decided to speed past me at the last minute into my breaking gap in the lane, whilst I was slowing down for the traffic lights ahead. She obviously thought that because I was on two wheels, I didn't exist!!; her large side mirror whacking into my left handlebar, causing the bike to go into a wobble and almost knocking me off my motorbike. Luckily I had the sudden instinct to open up on the throttle and speed up, which suddenly got rid of the wobble, and being a Yamaha 2 stroke, it went straight into the powerband, and I out accelerated the Nissan, and my handlebars whacked her side mirror, completely ripping it off! She then suddenly braked in shock and horror, as the mirror remains smashed into many small pieces on the tarmac, as I left her behind, accelerating in a blue haze of 2 stroke smoke, as the traffic lights just changed to green. I had a close shave, and was lucky that I didn't get knocked off my bike onto a concrete kerb and central reservation!!!

I'm sure that most bike riders have had similar experiences over the years!
Unfortunately my brother wasn't so lucky quite a few years ago, when he was killed by a woman driver when riding his motorbike. She drove head on into him, whilst breaking the speed limit, on the wrong side of a busy 'A' road in daylight, and denied all responsibility!! even when found guilty in court many months after the accident.

Yes, that's life, so they say.....
Last edited by old clunker on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's nothing like the smell of burnt vegetable oil in the morning!!

1971 Royal Enfield diesel running on diesel/biofuel.
Dougy

Post by Dougy »

Thats so bad what happend to your brother Clunker, proper tragic.
Has one thing in common with this one here, WHY cant people say sorry when they mess up, It would'nt bring your kid back but may bring some sort of closure for you all, Every time I see the clip it drives me round the bend cos he could easily have killed him an all he cares about is his paint, couldnt give a toss about him being someones brother or son !
I'm not the violent type but that arrogant bullying t**t needs a good pasting, he's on the road right now an it vex's me that no-one, not even the Police have marked his card !
Dougy

Post by Dougy »

:roll:
old clunker

Post by old clunker »

Thanks for your thoughts Dougy. Unfortunately there are more "Big Jags" types on the road than people realise, and it's just your luck when you come across one of these 'boneheads'....
When bikers mess around and make a big mistake, they tend to kill or seriously injure themselves. When car drivers do it, they tend to kill other people - that's from my observations.
There's nothing like the smell of burnt vegetable oil in the morning!!

1971 Royal Enfield diesel running on diesel/biofuel.