The Big Knock 2011

Talk about riding, events, meets, rally's, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

The Big Knock 2011

Post by Stuart »

Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th June at the Bat & Ball.
http://www.dieselbike.net/Rally-Info/rally.htm

In case you're wondering the T shirt image was taken from a video still shot on the runout from the first rally in the UK. That's Wolfgang out front with Ralph behind him. It's deliberately impressionistic. I had to say that because at least one person didn't get it 8)

Addition: Paid a visit to the Bat & Ball at the weekend primarily to get a 'Willy style' breakfast laid on. No change with the toilets yet I'm afarid but planning permission has gone in for a brick built wash house that may be ready for next year. They will also extend the pub as well I'm told.
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Re: The Big Knock 2011

Post by Diesel Dave »

Looks like I shall just make it then Stu.

I get off the ferry from he continent at 7pm on the Friday evening after a brief trip to the Czech republic on C90's

So it's back home for a shower and grab the Tiger (passed it's MOT this weekend too) and back kin time for lunch on Saturday.

DD
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Ok Dave, see you there :D Looks like my brother and I maybe camping from the Wednesday or Thursday onward. Guess a lot depends on the weather.

Please note no music has been booked as yet. If we have anything it maybe an acoustic set or something small.

Actually music looking like something really small - an IPod. Band and PA or disco would set me back £250+ :shock:
Sphere
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by Sphere »

Lets hope they won't play Hotel California all night :twisted:
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
rednorfolk

Post by rednorfolk »

ill be there allday sat ,booked b n b for sat night. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Royal Enfield 406cc diesel.
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

Planning to arrive on the Friday in the daylight this time :mrgreen: Will be great to see you all again.

Neil
Smart engined 800cc turbo diesel triumph tiger. 100mpg (imp)
Belfast to Kathmandu overland, 2010/2011 - http://www.suckindiesel.com
Bangkok to Sydney ???
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I should be there, most probably pulling a canine loaded trailer.

I'm not bothered much about the source of entertainment.
Kubota Z482 which is plodding on with unnerving reliability. Three years so far.
1900 Diesel Bike being rebuilt with better clutch control.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Jocken Sommer tells me he is bringing his new scrambler style Bullet along this year :D
oldbmw

Post by oldbmw »

I hope to attend on friday and some of saturday.
Sadly it wont be with the bike and its shiney new bigger big end, but with my old car and also wife ??
we have to detour via Argos to pick up camping stove and the little gas place near Billingshurst for bits but should be there before noon Friday.
Larry
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

We got a slightly backhanded plug in the MCN this week thanks to Mr Guy Proctor :D All good publicity though :lol: All I can say is it's cheaper than buying that kind'a coverage :!: :wink:
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

I picked up 12 extra XL T shirts today as 6 of my original order had already been taken. No logo on the back of these few new ones though - set up costs too much. Also got a little more wood for the bikes to rest on. The event has been submitted to the press locally and we're also advertising on FaceBoook for a change :D
As you may know, instead of a band we're having some entertainment Saturday evening from Mythago, Celtic type Morris dancers. http://www.horsham4x4.net/mythago/
We also have use of the large Marquee tent in case of bad weather which is handy.
WiFi password is still fishpond and I was getting a 2-3 bar signal outside so it maybe that it's a new modem.
We are hoping to be on site Wednesday and may take any earlybirds to a biker evening at a local transport cafe Thursday night. As well as somewhere different to ride to it might also be good publicity. That ends at 9pm but is quite a way away eastward down the A272.
And I've asked that the pub lay on breakfasts for us saying that the cost must be reasonable and not as high as last year. To be honest, they were finding their feet last year which probably explains that so I've explained how it's done in Hamm and can only hope it works out better this time.
Placed advert the Friday Ad last night and just tweaked the FaceBook advert to an improved demographic.

Stuart
Dan J

Post by Dan J »

I will be riding to Billingshurst first thing Saturday morning, hoping to arrive lunchtime at the latest. I sadly can't stay over this year as number 2 son was born on Monday 23rd May so I'm needed back at home but there is no way I'm missing out completely! Normal service will be resumed for Hamm.

Look forward to seeing those of you who make it.
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

wahay, was wondering Dan. good to see your priorities :)
Bangkok to Sydney ???
altf4
I don't post much...

Post by altf4 »

hi all -

hoping to see you all at the big knock, taking the opportunity to introduce myself to the fair folks that you are :)
188 miles from devon, just perfect for a nice ride over to the rally.

see you there,

max ~:)
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

My brother & I arrived Wednesday to find Ola here :D early evening Jocken, Peter, Steph & friends arrived bring the total number of dieselbikes to 6 already! lol. Some kind of record for a Wednesday. Those guys off to do some serious riding tomorrow, all the way to Birmingham. They are off the visit Hitchcocks amongst others.
Nice evening here but the WiFi is acting up worse than ever. I've been allowed behind the bar for a quick fiddle but no joy :?

Stuart
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

If you can't make it, tune in to https://twitter.com/#!/Torquepen
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Yep, getting some stuff to that feed. Wifi suddenly working again. Am told even phone landlines are patchy at the moment. I don't know why lol. Nice weather we're having too :D 8)
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Post by Diesel Dave »

See you all tomorrow evening.

Just got to do a days work and pack the camping gear on the bike.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

20 ppl on site as of Thursday night. Wifi working ok now. BBQ this evening to feed late arrivals. The phantom chair buster has struck again! Deep into the night a small explosion was heard & a man seen tumbling. We know now that plastic containers are not suitable to support our substantial continental friends, especially after they have been feasting on our beefburgers! :wink:
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Great day today. Whiskers & Brian popped on their lunchbreak & Guzzi Ray swung by on his Yanmar chop. Neil & Helen arrived safely from NI & Diesel Dave is here on his Tiger too. As I type the BBQ is in full swing. Spent the morning getting a broken loo seat fixed & sorting the lights out there. Cracking weather we're having too!
I'm grateful to everyone for making the effort to attend :D
lardy1
Been here a while now..

Post by lardy1 »

that was a good rally that,the first ive been to,a lot of interesting machines there,the missis and littlun enjoyed it,shame it was by car,the only casualty was a blown wheel bearing ooops.. :shock: :)
Diesel Graham
Been here a while now..

Post by Diesel Graham »

Thanks guys for organising another rally, it was a good one this year and the morris dancers were interesting entertainment.
I had a long trip there and an equally long one home thanks to some low quality (but free) fuel.
I will be washing out the tank and ordering a new filter!
I am really glad I fitted the rubber bulb priming pump as that was the only way to keep the engine running for the last 30 miles.
I have decided to get a low powered electric pump to improve flow as the filter restricts the flow at the best of times.
Enfield Taurus Greaves - running well now!
Lohmann 18cc - undergoing restoration
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Yes that's it for another year and thanks to all who came along :D As several people have asked me I've had a tally up & reckon we saw 24 diesel bikes over the weekend. Thanks to Mythago for the alternative entertainment - beats the band playing to an empty pub I think lol, and sorry if they scared your youngsters!
I tried to make time for everyone & apologuise if I missed you! If I did hopefully my brother Jeff saw you.
Thanks again & see you in Hamm!

I've put a few shots onto Facebook but will do the webpage over the next week hopefully.
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

Thanks again for another great weekend. Helen and I made it home in one go without staying in Holyhead. Must try and work it over a week or two next year... The weather was good as requested :) Good to see you all again.
Bangkok to Sydney ???
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Stuart wrote:...I've put a few shots onto Facebook....
and your facebook name is??
zarquon

Post by zarquon »

Put some photos from the Big Knock 2011 on facebook and flickr. And Max uploaded some to my forum.

Enjoy!
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

Thanks for that!
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Ok, here's my contribution :D

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... .745200038

Hope to have the written account up soonish. Getting stuff off an IPad is just not as easy as emailing yourself a backup :!:

Sorry to those bikers I work with because our company blocks Facebook stuff :?
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Diesel Graham
Been here a while now..

Post by Diesel Graham »

works for me.

maybe you need to login?
Enfield Taurus Greaves - running well now!
Lohmann 18cc - undergoing restoration