Vetter MPG ride July22,2011 Mid Ohio

Talk about riding, events, meets, rally's, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

TedV
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Vetter MPG ride July22,2011 Mid Ohio

Post by TedV »

Any North American diesel bikers with a running bike have an interest in seeing how their bikes compare on a fuel economy ride around Mid Ohio Sports Car course and the roads around Mansfield Ohio? There was one home built diesel bike at the California run last month and he did pretty good.

Details about the ride are at http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/2011-% ... -VFEC.html

The run is on Friday and you have the rest of the weekedn to watch the vintage bike races. Not a bad way to spend a weekend. 8) I dont have a diesel bike but I may show up on my BMW F650GS thumper. It sounds like a diesel.. it has torque like a diesel, but it only gets 60's mpg US and is gas. :(
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Vetter MPG ride July22,2011 Mid Ohio

Post by coachgeo »

TedV wrote:Any North American diesel bikers with a running bike have an interest in seeing how their bikes compare on a fuel economy ride around Mid Ohio Sports Car course and the roads around Mansfield Ohio? There was one home built diesel bike at the California run last month and he did pretty good. ...
Pretty good..... lol. Now that is an understatement! If I read the results and the story right.... it was a shake down run for the bike, it had no fairings and was in unplanned RAT mode... yet it got the highest MPG out of the group. Unfortunately it got disqualified by a hair due to being a smidge to slow on one leg of the ride. :oops: but for a shake down run.. AWESOME.

If you go.... Fred is; I think, suppose to also have the HDT bike there..... TAKE TONS OF PICS and vid of it. Lots of VID- look at how many miles on the odometer etc. vet it out. If your ballsy enough.. grill em.

. "what do you think of the wide spread doubt this bike will ever make it to market since it has taken so long to do so, while others in half the time have done it?" (Track and homebrewed versions)

. "how many military diesels were delivered AS DIESELS

. "how come we have heard nothing via pics, vids, or story about them by any returning military personell"?

. "anything unique to improve automization in your engine, such as swirl chamber or swirl feature designed into head, piston orrr?)

. "Anything unique about the Flywheel"?
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Vetter MPG ride July22,2011 Mid Ohio

Post by Stuart »