So you can't fit a turbo on your bike? Try one of these..

Doing stuff with air...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

So you can't fit a turbo on your bike? Try one of these..

Post by Stuart »

Here's an interesting development...

http://www.scuderigroup.com/
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
sbrumby
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by sbrumby »

Looks pretty comlicated and potentially heavy, they dont seem to show a working engine. Check out tis site http://users.breathe.com/prhooper/indmar.htm
top hat piston engine the petrol version actually went into a norton.
Sam
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Here's another interesting development. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homogeneou ... n_Ignition
They can do away with heaters and spark plugs - but only if the fuel mix is exactly right. Both items mentioned in What Diesel Magazine this month.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
smokyjoe

Post by smokyjoe »

Wow. These Scuderi guys are right in my back yard!!! So far it is all smoke and mirrors and they want investment of $$$$$- I know 2rd hand information through a close friend, and they don't have anything working as it is all theory. So is time travel and cold fusion theory. These guys claim that "technologies need to be developed in order for the engine to work". I say bunk, might as well burn veggie oil, we all know that works well. Another of my friends is being pressured to invest by a guy he knows who re-mortgaged his house and invested all!!! It is being run as a pyramid scheme, and you just get a receipt for your money from the guy above you on the pyramid. No real legal stock at all, a sham.

By the way, what they are claiming, of using a charge cylinder has been done before back in the 1890's. I recall about 10 years ago seeing an ad for little yellow Chinese? made "semi Diesels"? that would burn gasoline, kerosene or diesel fuel that used this same principle.

It is too bad that sheisters like this get the media attention and end up discrediting those who are legit.

Caveat empor! or something like that.
TimppaX

Post by TimppaX »

Basic idea is "stolen" from early steam engines.
Two phase tech if I recall right.
that should do it
andrewaust
Site Admin

Post by andrewaust »

Yes remember them similar steam engines, think they called them compound expansion engines.

Interesting technology for the internal combustion engine. Wonder how you would go having air drawn into a larger cylinder then pushed into a smaller cylinder for a boost charge that is greater then the smaller cylinders volume, then run this fired charge of air into another larger cylinder having a 3 stage combustion engine :)!

A;)