Covid situation - how is everyone?

For all topics relating to Diesel motorcycles.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Dan J
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Covid situation - how is everyone?

Post by Dan J »

This isn't much of a 'chatty' forum these days with everyone largely focusing on the technical side of things. What I thought I'd do - and I hope you don't mind Stuart - is just open up a thread to check how everyone is during this time. It's an opportunity to be angry, be positive or just explain how this is affecting you if it helps. It'd be good to know folk who frequent this place are ok.
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
mark_in_manchester

Re: Covid situation - how is everyone?

Post by mark_in_manchester »

Well, I'm still the right way up. Know 3 people who've been in hospital with it - only 1 came out. It's surreal really, and now people aren't scared anymore the press has gone back to normal (who's to blame? etc) whereas for a couple of weeks things were different in a good way, in my view. Looks like my job won't be coming back, but this is not a total problem in the short term. So there we are!
Dan J

Post by Dan J »

That's really rough Mark. Sorry to hear it both on the people you know and the job front but glad you're the 'right way up' at least.

My kids are struggling without the routine of school, wife and I are struggling with having to juggle them and some home-schooling with working long days from from home as well. But at the same time we can consider ourselves lucky work-wise for now at least. I know many whose businesses are struggling badly or simply won't recover from this, others like you Mark whose jobs aren't going to be there anymore. Hope you have something else in the pipeline beyond the short term.

It has been a struggle with our family elsewhere in the UK as well that isolated and in some cases have other long-term health issues so have needed to pretty much stop all contact with others. They feel very alone and while Zoom/Skype/Facetime calls help a bit they don't really resolve that. We all desperately want to be able to see each other again but of course not at the expense of giving each other this virus.

Hope everyone else is battling through. It's looking less likely we'll manage any rallies this year which is a great shame as I think getting everyone together for a few beers and some camaraderie is ironically what we all need. Here's to that being possible again soon!
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
pietenpol2002

Post by pietenpol2002 »

It seems we're all struggling wherever we might reside. It's a very different world right now. I hope all are staying safe and able to resume some semblance of normalcy on the other side of this.
Not that it's any consolation, but you lads on that side of the pond are finally experiencing what we here in the states have always suffered from. That is, the absence of a proper dieselbike gathering, be it Big Knock or Hamm. Even so, you have my sympathies for the loss. Let's hope next year will materialize.

Stay safe and be well.
Ron