Big Knock on tour

Talk about riding, events, meets, rally's, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Tetronator
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Big Knock on tour

Post by Tetronator »

So me and Diesel Dave were talking over a beer... :roll:
Tought I'd share the idea here to plant some seeds in peoples minds, I'd think this would be good fun.

The idea came up, I believe it was Dave's, to have a rally but to make it relocate every 2 night's across Europe with some serious (diesel bike range) riding in between. Choosing your own route and way to get to the next campsite, you could even take 2 days if you cannot go the distance in one go. Dave had a name for this type of rally but I cannot remember what it was.

For example:

Starting Campsite A
Ride 500km
Campsite B 2 nights
Ride 700km
Campsite C 2 nights
Ride 650km
Ending Campsite D

This could go on for however long one wishes of course
"...the fearless Dutchman..." -Stuart
"...the mad Dutchman..." -Diesel Dave

Honda VT600 C Shadow
H̶o̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶C̶B̶R̶6̶0̶0̶F̶2̶
Mercedes-Benz W123 300D Sedan
Dan J
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Big Knock on tour

Post by Dan J »

It is a good idea but one thing worth considering is that kind of distance each day all ends up having to be done on motorways or similar roads. It’s a long time in the saddle even on a fast bike and you don’t want the ride to stop being fun which when you’re just trying to achieve distances.

There are so many great places to stay across Europe why not stick to say 300km a day and it can then all be done on winding smaller roads. You’re also at next campsite not too late to get set up and get the beers in.

You’ll still have the benefit of not having to fill up more than once per campsite if that if you’re on a diesel :D
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere