kubot d662 parts wanted

Bike and Parts, For Sale, Wanted, and For Trade.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

mattm
Been here a while now..

kubot d662 parts wanted

Post by mattm »

Hi to all, I have a couple of Kubota d662 engines ( 3 cylinder 658cc engines) I recently aquired, both missing starters and injector pumps and with rust to the injector cams as they have been sat like this a while, other than that I can say they turn over but will probably need a strip down and gasketts in addition to the missing bits. So I'm putting out tentative feelers as to whether anyone has suitable parts - maybe even a spare engine that has thrown a rod or run its main bearings. Preferably reasonably cheap as the goal at first is to establish if one or even both engines are viable. I can swap Hatz 1d40 bits or px my Lombardini 800cc / 18hp single aircooled engine or a Ruggerini 8hp aircooled unit - sadly both engines are set as 3000rpm fixed revs units. Probably best I offer cash, though I might also be able to offer basic lathe work, and have a plasma cutter and welding as other options.
mattm
Been here a while now..

Re: kubot d662 parts wanted

Post by mattm »

Got both engines partially stripped, one has a crack in the head so is a breaker for parts for ebay or swapping for bits for the other engine. Both blocks have good bores and pistons at first inspection so the search for a decent injector cam and pump plus a starter are getting a bit more serious.
So anyone got the spares I need? Or can reccommend / advise a good place to get them, I've got one set I'm watching in Usa but shipping and the fact they are sold as seen / untested makes the £200+ they'd cost by the time they reach my door not to mention the tax makes me aprehensive.
in other news a trio of Hatz diesel 1b40's arrived the other day, got 1 running, one puffing smoke occasionally but yet to fire, and the last is not turning over. For engines that are all under 3 years old I am not inpressed with the fact all 3 needed the starter motors overhauling and 1 is scrap. New starters are £220 and made by letriks and quality seems rubbish, I'll be looking to bypass buying that again.