Renault two stroke common cail

Engine's, injection, valve's, timing, crank's etc..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

marius
I don't post much...

Renault two stroke common cail

Post by marius »

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/12/ ... ke-diesel/

Hey guys,

the link above shows a Renault 0,7 liter two stroke diesel inline twin. Due to closed lubrication, supercharger, turbocharger and common rail injection they seem to be able to get along with todays strict emission regulations.
I like the idea of two stroke engines, especially when they are more clean, reliant and easy to use than old fashioned bike two strokes with their open lubrication systems and poor piston mileage and a----nnoying---mazing noises :-)
I know that pressure aspirated two stroke diesels in large vessels can reach less than 55% of thermal loss which seems to be the most effective fuel consumption in normal combustion engine technology.

Of course this car won't solve today's worlds problems but maybe it is the last challenging idea in the field of combustion engines and maybe one day such an engine may find it's way to a dieselbike!?

Have a nice evening!
Marius
Blunt Eversmoke
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Renault two stroke common cail

Post by Blunt Eversmoke »

Hell yeah and more power to Renault, I say. Shouldn't be much (if any) heavier than the Smart 800 ccm common rail turbo-diesel - at double the power. Let's just hope this one doesn't get dropped as have all previous attempts to re-introduce two-stroke diesels to anything smaller than a ship...