Hello from Sweden !

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Peter the blacksmith
Been here a while now..

Hello from Sweden !

Post by Peter the blacksmith »

Hello mates ! I got the diesel-fever a couple of years ago...
Since then, I've been looking for a diesel-bike.
The funny thing is, there is seldom any for sale in Sweden.
This must be an un-developed country :-)
And, how come that the big Japanese factories like Yamaha, Honda , Suzuki and others have not realized that eco-diesel is the future ? I am amazed.
I used to ride a single cylinder 650 Suzuki before. Great machine. Would be great to have a dieselversion...
I have been looking at the Dieselwiesel, the German Suzuki-based bike you all know, but for my strictly limited purse, I cannot afford one.
Traded a sculpture of wrought iron (my profession) for a Suzuki GZ 125cc. And bought a 406cc dieselengine. Thought I could build it from there...but - no.
The problem is the gearbox, of course. The dieselwieseltem use the original Suzuki gearbox. Ok, so you have to cut the engine !
I think there is no way I can do that myself, (as we all know, the oil has to stay IN the box) never welded alu before...
I'm stuck with the project. (Does it sound familiar to many of us ?)
Anyone who has a Dieselwiesel gerabox-assembly in the corner of the garage ?
I mailed the Dieselwieselteam, and asked if I could buy a gearbox, but no answer so far...

Anyway, great forum ! Thanks to the founder and the moderators, keep up the good work !
All good things, Peter 8)
The early bird will get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Sweden !

Post by Stuart »

Welcome & cheers Peter. That Diesel Wiesel gearbox is shown on the recent Hamm 2012 report - see front page of Dieselbike.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
zarquon
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by zarquon »

Call them. Three weeks ago they had a complete gearbox fox sale.
They are pretty busy and sometimes don't find the time to answer emails.
Peter the blacksmith
Been here a while now..

Thanks a bunch, I'll do that ! 8)
Peter the blacksmith
Been here a while now..

You were right, Zarquon, thanks a lot, they have a gearbox and I'll buy it. (890 € incl. tax) 8) :mrgreen:
They went on holiday now but will be back towards the end of October. It will be like waiting for Santa :lol:
Peter the blacksmith
Been here a while now..

Well, so far I had lots of troubles with my health (artrosis and hip-replacements) but now everything looks better ("Always look at the bright side of life..." )
I managed to get my hands on this (Dutchbuilt) Honda Rebel 250 from 1987 with a 418cc diesel allready in place in the frame. Now I'm fixing the missing parts (like the horn) and tuning the bike so everything works before taking her to the test hoping she will be street legal (she wasn't that in Hol...sorry, the Netherlands)
BUT I will go on with my plans building a DW406 this autumn, since I'm more comfortable to ride with a gearbox than cvt...

Oh, unable to upload the photo....sorry about that. But if you look through the homemade bikes department you'll see a photo.