New Comet CVT supplier

Dedicated to the CVT...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

tappy
I luv the smell of Diesel...

New Comet CVT supplier

Post by tappy »

Hi folks, just in case you weren't aware, the rights to Comet CVT drives have been bought and are being produced again.
http://www.geminikarts.co.uk/ have comet & a couple of other systems and were very helpful on the phone this afternoon :)
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Re: New Comet CVT supplier

Post by alexanderfoti »

Just the thing i am looking for my 200cc project!
Dougy
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by Dougy »

Yeah, I bought a drive belt off them last month, It was called 'rotary' an did'nt last 5 miles ! But they did refund my money real quick with no messing about an even got the USA supplier to contact me to find out the problem (manufacture problem they said, very rare ?) they eventually sent me a new genuine comet belt. I stand to be corrected though but I think they just have new 'old stock' comet stuff. I did recieve a free T shirt from the rotory lot which was good but I did ask them for a replacement belt, I must admit I lost confidence in them after it went so quick, I think they missed the chance to convince me it was a one off, I dont think I'll use a rotary belt again unless I'm in a real jam ! They do seem nice though :)
IGNORE THE RATTLE AND ENJOY THE RIDE
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

I see what you mean, I am interested in the max-toruqe drive they have, if its any good, its a cheap gearbox with engine mounting frame for 321quid!