Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

DieselDan
Been here a while now..

South Australian Registration

Post by DieselDan »

Hello all

Though this info may be useless to most here goes

The process was done some weeks ago.

Registering my Enfield Diesel was very simple.I rang Vehicle Standards(place that tells you what you can mod on a vehicle), since no frame mods were done all I needed to do was fill out a vehicle modification form.

Originally it was rego'd as a petrol 350. Now the rego authorities only record the engine number and capacity. Fuel type is not recorded.

So after the conversion was done I had to fill out a form to modify the vehicle. No frame mods just that the engine was changed. I wrote in the new capacity, engine number, and fuel type (Diesel :lol: ) and sent the form off.

Five days later I was sent the updated details.

So now the Enfield is a fully rego'd Diesel motorcycle. It could be the first in South Australia.

There you have it no engineers certificate, no blasted red tape, not even an administration fee to update the engine details :D Could hardly believe it. Quite frankly this is the way it should be done.

Comparing this to what andrewaust had to go thru, I had it very easy.

Now if there is anyone in the eastern states of Australia that wants their Enfield converted to Diesel bring it here to SA. We'll get it sorted and I'll ride it back to the owner free of charge :lol: :lol:

Seriously though I wonder if an engineers cert is still needed to rego in the owners state? Should be just paperwork and new plates and on their merry way. Unless I'm missing something.
Sphere
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: South Australian Registration

Post by Sphere »

Classic :D Must be the easiest I heard of to date.
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.