Something missing??

Clutches, Chain & Belt Drives

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Something missing??

Post by coachgeo »

I Snafued... then realized a few others had too. tranny related topics belong better in GEARBOX FORUM than they do in this forum. Thusly 3 threads have been moved to Gearbox.... one of them being mine.

Sprocket and chain topics- Keep in here or put them in Gearbox also?
cumorglas

Re: Something missing??

Post by cumorglas »

sprocket and chain would be either primary or final drive and so i would think be long here.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

cumorglas wrote:sprocket and chain would be either primary or final drive and so i would think be long here.
Tis sorta how I viewed it to but its you guys/gals that would be searching so its best to put things where you would actually look for them not where I would look for them. My brain does not work normal LOL
oldbmw

Post by oldbmw »

If it lives inside or is part of the primary chaincase it is primary.
gearbox sprocket and final drive chain is gearbox,, as you can work on it with the primary stuff missing from the bike.
Larry
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

oldbmw wrote:If it lives inside or is part of the primary chaincase it is primary.
gearbox sprocket and final drive chain is gearbox,, as you can work on it with the primary stuff missing from the bike.
buttttttt... isnt in a shaft drive bike... the actual shaft and its associated gears that run the rear wheel considered a Final drive? and these parts.... serve essentially the same function as both sprockets and chain. They transmit power from gearbox to rear wheel