comet 94c pucks HELP!!!

Clutches, Chain & Belt Drives

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

toyotaracer9
I luv the smell of Diesel...

comet 94c pucks HELP!!!

Post by toyotaracer9 »

Does anyone know where I can get pucks for the 94c clutch ? I have my bike moving but the belt is slipping , I need the 59.6g pucks and cant find them . Since comet is out of buisness , it looks like I may have to drill the ones I have and fill the with lead . This is really going to upset me considering everything in new and it will be something so small that will go wrong at the end .
If it isn't broken , break it .
cumorglas

Re: comet 94c pucks HELP!!!

Post by cumorglas »

comet 94's are used on occasion in racing sleds.

i'm fairly certain you don't have snowmobile performance shops in the big easy. they have the same relationship to sleds that speed shops do to cars. the dealer hopes you never find them. but most do have a pretty good stock of bits and pieces. i got lighter springs for my comet 40 than available from comet at my almost local shop.

he doesn't do online stuff as he is in the fortunate position of too busy with the customers he has now. i would like to think that there would be a sled performance shop somewhere that does online or at least over the phone. give a look see or maybe some perusing on hipo sled forums?
roodesign
Been here a while now..

Post by roodesign »

Hey TR: I think I got some of the last 59's that comet sent out...that really sucks...I do have 9 of the ones that came with the clutch (same as yours)...you are welcome to them if you want...I hope that somebody supplies them again, as I hear that they are a eventual wear item...don't think they would be easy to make either because they seem to be injection molded around a steel slug, and I think they need plastic on all sides to slide properly I am not at the shop now, but I will look at modifying-making new ones...Roo

PS: contact me by email if you want to discuss this more plus I would love to hear about how the turbo is doing...
roo trimble
http://www.roopod.com
Shutesbury, MA USA
toyotaracer9

Post by toyotaracer9 »

Hi Roo , thanks for the offer . That is very thoughtful ! I am actually running 6 x 59g pucks and 3 x 53g pucks , hopefully I will be able to round up three more soon . how long ago did you buy those pucks ? they hit me for $45 a set so two sets was more then I really wanted to pay for them but would have gotten three if they would have had them . The turbo is still working fine , I took the filter off the other day to check the play and its still just like new . I have around 400 miles on it . If you decide to turbo and have questions just let me know and Ill try to link the places I bought parts . My computer crashed a few weeks ago so I lost all my favorites . thanks again Shane
If it isn't broken , break it .