Possible Club names

For all topics relating to Diesel motorcycles.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

palace15
Been here a while now..

Post by palace15 »

I still go for DOG then we can go Dogging or be 'On a mission from DOG' :lol: :lol: :shock:
He who laughs last was too slow to get the joke!
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Whilst on holiday I picked up an old book entitled 'The Modern Diesel'. Last edition printed 1942 it is very informative up to that date. But just to say that the engines therein are refered to as C.I. (compression ignition) engines throughout.
So what about C.I.M.C. :?: too late I guess tho :lol:
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
jeremy
Been here a while now..

Post by jeremy »

FYI Bob, Our groupless fearleader is an idiot,:lol:, and we here are not nearly homogeneous . I wanna be a club member, and will offer to start a regional chapter here--if there is anyone else interested in joining. Of course we will be glad to tithe the central agency, within reason.
"It's amazing how long things take when you're not working on them..." (unknown)
--Building small, lightweight Clubman-style bike, based on 1972 Husquvarna/Hatz 1B30/Comet 500CVT--
Cockney Bob
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Homogenous

Post by Cockney Bob »

See starting to split already getting too Colonial talking about chapters and tithing central agencies/
I doubt we will ever get to a decision maybe the best name would be the Lonely parts MCC
Bob :lol:
It is not in the arrival brightly planned. But in the Dreams Men Dream along the way we find the Golden road to Samarkand.
jeremy
Been here a while now..

Post by jeremy »

I don't know how a vote is cast online in this format, but I do like Stuart's idea of CIMC, (or DMC if there is no copywriting issue)--something simple and to the point. Therefore I make a motion that we adopt CIMC as our Club Title, and get on wi'it! It's only a name. Chapters or no, I don't care. I'm not sure I can make it to the UK meets--cost is an issue--though we'd love to visit our cousins in Peterborough sometime... you never know.
"It's amazing how long things take when you're not working on them..." (unknown)
--Building small, lightweight Clubman-style bike, based on 1972 Husquvarna/Hatz 1B30/Comet 500CVT--
Cockney Bob

CIMC

Post by Cockney Bob »

Are we really going to fight over this they look too big or do we want to advertise these people.
http://www.cimc.com/DefaultE.asp

Bob
It is not in the arrival brightly planned. But in the Dreams Men Dream along the way we find the Golden road to Samarkand.
Cockney Bob

Names

Post by Cockney Bob »

Looks very much like no agreement will ever meet with everyones approval so it needs the main man to decide and then you join or not now who is the main man, fighting can start now.
Bob
jeremy
Been here a while now..

Post by jeremy »

Tsk Bob, such pessimism...let's just work our way along the path one step at a time! Thanks for researching my last (Stuart's) suggestion, and no, I don't think we want to affiliate with a container company. So how about my earlier one, 'DEMO'? (diesel-engine motorcycle org.) Surely that can't be copywrited or otherwise owned?
Cockney Bob

name

Post by Cockney Bob »

Demo is all very well but outside people would not know what it means they might think we are Demonstrators either demonstrating against something Diesel spills kill or demonstrating how slow you can go on a bike.
The name has to instantly say we are diesel bikers.
So my vote is that Diesel bikers MC.
Or the famous C10 H23 but that may be too clever for the great Unwashed
Bob
taildraggin

Post by taildraggin »

"Salad Oil Ditchpump Motorcycle Club" (the 'Sods')

- Squeeze Bang Go MC (the 'bangers')

- Ditchpump Motorcycle Club.

- 30 Percenters MC (referring to diesel eff. over petrol) - alt. '30 Percent MC'.
jeremy
Been here a while now..

Post by jeremy »

Hey Bob, I think you have a great point there, so I'll go with your "Diesel Bikers" idea. Says it all. Now what are we going to argue about? A logo for the Patch? Anybody here a pro graphic artist?
Cockney Bob

Club name

Post by Cockney Bob »

Seems to have gone very quiet have we got a name other than the ugly buggers.
Bob