Injector cleaner additives

Usage, MPG, Pricing, Bio-Diesel, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

mark_in_manchester
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Injector cleaner additives

Post by mark_in_manchester »

Hi all

I think I may have gummed my injectors / pump with (carefully-filtered, but hey) wvo-mix. Bike is running again, but was hard to (kick) start and very lumpy for a while. Has anyone a preferred magic fuel additive / any experience of this stuff doing anything useful?

Generally my experience with magic liquids which claim to fix things, is pretty dire. I used to use oil-thickener in a Morris 1000 van 30 years ago which would otherwise burn it like mad (500 mpg on oil...). When I recently tried it in a worn Ural engine, something about it sucked back through the breather, coating the back of the inlet valves, one of which stuck open and bent. OK, rebore not averted :)
the grinch

Re: Injector cleaner additives

Post by the grinch »

Mark,

I use Comma diesel magic in the chitroen its a 2002 C3 1.4hdi that has done 240000 miles it has it about a week befor the MOT it will not pass the emissions without it.
I dont use it more than that because i find it very satisfying deploying the smoke screen when the local boy racer is up my ass in the 30 limit. There are loads additives out there but this is what i use. I think its because its got Magic on the bottle :lol: :lol:

Alex
mark_in_manchester

Post by mark_in_manchester »

Thanks Alex - I'll give that a go. It smoked and went moody and wouldn't rev for ages, and then suddenly went 'pop' and went back to (mildly lumpy) normal. Who knows - I've spent years with this engine and it's still a mystery to me. Nearly as long as I have been married, in fact 8) .
arnaud

Post by arnaud »

Did it work??