Hello from Germany

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

marius
I don't post much...

Hello from Germany

Post by marius »

My name is Marius and I'm a 25 years old civil engineering student from Lower Saxony in Germany.

I own a ´84 Enfield Bullet 350 which I changed to a Lombardini 15LD440 engine 4 years ago.
45.000km later she's still in good condition and was always very reliable which was the reason for me
to take her for long distance travels to Ukraine, Albania, Serbia, etc. instead of using her as a sunny sunday
oldtimer, which actually was my frist intention when I started the conversion to diesel.
Fuel consumption is between 1,6 l/100 km (on country road long distance journeys)
and 1,9 l/100 km on (everyday's city and short distance trips).

My other/previous bikes are:
´89 Simson S51 (sold)
´93 Yamaha XT 600 K (now: my mothers favourite bike!)
´94 Yamaha XTZ 660 (my "touring" bike)

I was always repairing bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles, cars and tractors since I'm a child which
makes it hard for me to walk past any machinery without seeing some of it's parts in some of my future dieselbike ideas.

I really like your English Dieselbike Board because of the high level ideas and low budget practial solutions for the typical
everyday's dieselbiker questions and more active members than in the German speaking community
(which might be caused by TÜV (MOT) complications which are always a high fence to jump over into street legality).

Having built anything bigger for years, I am thinking about the next Dieselbike project. This time I'd like to built a
more offroad based frame with a 25LD425 Series Lombardini / MD190 Ruggerini two cylinder engine (~20hp) and maybe a CVT Drive, to save space and weight within the stock frame.
At the moment I'm looking for the right donor bike and engine supply. As well I'm very interested in the CVT section of your board because
I don't have any ideas here in Germany about the right places to get suppliers/support for the right sized (low rpm, high speed) bike application and the fine tuning methods of variomatic transmissions.

But with a bit of more time/ideas/money/coffee, strange ideas become reality!
Have a good night!

Marius
Tetronator
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Hello from Germany

Post by Tetronator »

Welcome to the forum Marius!

Glad to see someone of my own age group here aswell, tougth I was a loner among these old diesel gearheads. :P
Hope the best for your future dieselbike endeavours.

Have you been to Hamm?
"...the fearless Dutchman..." -Stuart
"...the mad Dutchman..." -Diesel Dave

Honda VT600 C Shadow
H̶o̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶C̶B̶R̶6̶0̶0̶F̶2̶
Mercedes-Benz W123 300D Sedan
henneberg

Post by henneberg »

Hello Marius,

Welcome to the forum, here are a lot of ideas for diesel conversions.

I have converted an Enfield Bullet using the MD151 engine, perhaps you have seen it already, but it is described shortly here:

https://www.dieselbikeforum.com/view ... =31&t=2599
---------------
Enfield Ruggerini MD151 654cc build - running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4UsIn5QLxk
marius
I don't post much...

Post by marius »

Hi everyone,

Yes I've been to Hamm a few times. First in 2010 (I've never seen more Dieselbikes on the same place) when I was gathering information for my own conversion.
In 2011 I did the way to Hamm on own Dieselbike.

This year was also very nice, I talked to a lot of very friendly guys with great bikes and ideas / skills.
I was also able to learn a lot more about German language due to the large community in southern Germany and their great accents, who have done the long trip to Hamm :-)

Yeah, you're right! I haven't seen many dieselbike enthusiasts in my age but this is similar to people who do bike driving/ repairing or other petrol(diesel?)-head hobbies, most of them are aged 45+. Especially in the dieseltopics it's good to have these guys from the old truck, farming and construction machinery workshops who understand a lot more of tradiotional mechanics and craftsmenship than anyone of the younger guys might even understand their own ages CDI, EFI,.. systems and failures. Too many people just only know how to purchase spare parts and how to replace them, instead of beeing "real" repair- and improvisation talents. Such a waste of money and ressources!

Good night!
Marius
Tetronator

Post by Tetronator »

Haha, Very true. This year was a first for me at Hamm, you might've seen me. I know I'll most definitely try to go there again next year. It is my wish as a "young" person to learn these traditional repairing skills instead of going down the replacing parts route.
"...the fearless Dutchman..." -Stuart
"...the mad Dutchman..." -Diesel Dave

Honda VT600 C Shadow
H̶o̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶C̶B̶R̶6̶0̶0̶F̶2̶
Mercedes-Benz W123 300D Sedan