sneak peak at the new diesel bike build

On-going, finished, abandoned builds & questions galore..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

dethmachinefab
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: sneak peak at the new diesel bike build

Post by dethmachinefab »

Small update. I have been busy with moving and lots of work taking my time but I did manage to get the bike running and have it almost done. I have 3 other diesel bikes being built and they are priority. I have to build a fender/seat, hook up alternator, mount battery, build controls and plumb brakes.

This thing sounds mean, and revs very fast. So far so good. Spring is here so I better hurry up. :mrgreen:
Attachments
kubota pic.jpg
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

dethmachinefab wrote:.... I have 3 other diesel bikes being built and they are priority. ....
YOOO.. noooo you can't just leave it like that. THREE OTHER DIESEL BIKE BUILDS!!! You give no details about them? You must be flogged immediately :mrgreen:
dethmachinefab

Post by dethmachinefab »

One is a c1.1 powered softail. Mostly complete. The next is a d1105 powered softail with some really nice work going into it. The third is a sportster frame with a twin cyl c.5 and cvt trans. A few others are in the quote/ idea stage. So I am populating the country with diesel bikes! I will try to get some pics. With all this it's hard to update a thread consistently.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Question fer ya........ have you put thought into side loads on the crank in your various engines with chain or belt drive? At least in the Kubota projects. There is no crank support bearing there on the end. Pretty much just a bush and an oil seal. Seems most all OEM products with Kubota power plant have a drive system inline with the crank so they have no side loads.

Have you seen any issues with this on your Kubota builds that have a good bit of mileage on them? (and what is approx. mileage on the most used one). Myself and Curtis are trying to do it right and batting our heads around trying to find a compact reasonable solution.

Mucho thanx