Making new injector lines

Getting the pumbing right for your Diesel fuel feed..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

tappy
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Making new injector lines

Post by tappy »

Right - as the title suggests, I need to tweak the injector line route so need done new ones making up.
I assume this is possible, but might be a bit more involved than making car brake-lines?
To complicate matters, I've mucked up & have barely enough space for the fuel line as it comes out of injector. Reducing the tube bend radius would help, but I'm assuming it's already at the minimum?
If there's some kind of banjo type fitting I can put onto the injector or onto the pipe as it comes from the injector that would be ideal.

I await your suggestions eagerly!

P.S. This is on a Hatz 2G40
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Making new injector lines

Post by Stuart »

Whatever you do make sure it's safe! :)
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

tappy wrote:Right - as the title suggests, I need to tweak the injector line route so need done new ones making up.
I assume this is possible, but might be a bit more involved than making car brake-lines?
To complicate matters, I've mucked up & have barely enough space for the fuel line as it comes out of injector. Reducing the tube bend radius would help, but I'm assuming it's already at the minimum?
If there's some kind of banjo type fitting I can put onto the injector or onto the pipe as it comes from the injector that would be ideal.

I await your suggestions eagerly!

P.S. This is on a Hatz 2G40
Find a company in UK similar to this one here in US. http://www.rocken-tech.com/Fuel_Lines.html. My understanding is you have to get EXACT same length lines as OEM to ensure the distance travel of fuel is equal. This is to ensure time of injection is proper. I know for Cumins for example they sell straight injector lines with proper ends that with the right tools a builder can bend to fit their need.
tappy

Post by tappy »

Ah OK - they had come up on Google but I hadn't realised that it is possible to buy matched length pipe already welded, ready to bend. I'm working on trying to task the engine position a bit but if not then that's an interesting idea..
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

tappy wrote:Ah OK - they had come up on Google but I hadn't realised that it is possible to buy matched length pipe already welded, ... that's an interesting idea..
do search in advance....... while they are available for some common larger engines........ got no clue if they available for the smaller industrial engines we use.
tappy

Post by tappy »

Hey folks - in the UK it looks like Cohline make injection lines, and they also sell straight lengths to specific size.
Looking at their range of end fittings they don't appear to stock anything that would help me out of this tight spot anyway so I suspect I'm going to have to shift the engine in the frame.
I might give 'em a call if I can find time, but I suspect moving the engine will be somewhat cheaper anyway :)
Still - if anyone needs any lines in the UK, Cohline look well set up to cater..